To celebrate the holiday season, we bring you some concrete tips to fill your days with good cheer and create a cozy atmosphere for yourself and your co-workers.
So here are five quick and easy festive ideas for adding some Christmas magic to your workday.
#1 Holiday Playlists by Genre
There’s nothing like music to bring out the holiday spirit. If you need a break from those classic all-time Christmas hits, here are some playlists for alternative seasonal tracks grouped by genre:
#2 Organize a Build-a-Gingerbread-House Contest
Turn up the festive cheer at the office with a contest for colleagues to see who can build the best gingerbread house.
It’s easy! All you have to do is buy some DIY gingerbread house kits, decorations, and edible “glue”. After the contest, the cakes can serve as festive decorations while filling the office with that delightful Christmassy scent. Have all your colleagues vote for their favorite house.
Check out the results of HOLMRIS B8’s own gingerbread-house contest at our Copenhagen office. Perhaps you can do an even better job than our colleagues.
#3 Deck the desks…
Take a break from the traditional poinsettia and tinsel and style your (or your colleague’s) workstation with beautiful yet easy decorations that stimulate the senses.
Here are a few ideas:
- Fragrant branches of eucalyptus
- Bows on the monitor or lamp
- Christmas cookies or other treats in the drawer
- Oranges with red ribbons and cloves
- Little candles – either real or LED (and don’t forget to blow them out and double check the rules for lit candles in your workplace)
*if you’re too busy, decorate a Q20 table using AI like we’ve done above.
#4 Treat Your Colleagues to White Mulled Wine
Treat your colleagues’ taste buds to a lighter version of a Danish Christmas classic – mulled wine or gløgg – full of the flavors of the season like cloves, cinnamon and orange. You can make it with or without alcohol – both taste heavenly.
- Soak large raisins and almond slivers in white rum and port for up to 12 months (or as soon as you can). Make sure to top up regularly so they are always covered with liquid. Refrigerate and soak for as long as possible.
- Extract: Place fresh cinnamon sticks, star anise and cloves in a large pot along with 2 liters of apple juice or cider, 200 grams of brown sugar or cane sugar and white rum*. Let steep in the refrigerator for as long as possible.
- Prepare the gløgg: In a large pot, heat up two bottles of white wine, 1 liter of the homemade extract, and plenty of fresh orange wedges (keep it just below the boiling point). Adjust the flavor with more wine or extract as desired. For a boozier gløgg, add more rum or port.
- Gently heat the raisins and almonds in a pot, then spoon into wine glasses and pour the gløgg on top. Serve warm with a spoon accompanied by delicious æbleskiver (Danish puffed pancakes) or holiday cookies.
*To make a non-alcoholic gløgg, steep the spices and orange wedges in apple juice instead. Heat through and serve in wine glasses with a cinnamon stick as a scoop.
#5 Light up The Digital Fireplace
Do you have monitors hanging up around the office? Try streaming a video of a crackling fire for instant cozy cheer without the mess or poor air quality. Here are some digital fireplaces you might try:
- The classic crackling fire
- The holiday hearth with seasonal ambient
- The one that feels like you’re in an ice cave
- The one with cute animals
We hope these ideas will sweeten up your last days at the office while you wait for Holidays to arrive.
Here’s wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from all of us at HOLMRIS B8.